SIDE EVENT COP25 MADRID
The Side Event organised by the Eurochile Business Foundation, the Fundación para el Conocimiento Madri+d and the Enterprise Europe Network of the European Union will host an International Conference that will seek to give visibility to the contribution of the Circular Economy in mitigating climate change and promoting it to Chilean, Latin American and European SMEs, sharing experiences and good practices from Europe and Latin America. A Brokerage Event will also be held where participants will have the opportunity to look for counterparts for future collaborations, share know-how, develop business deals and technology transfers.
The initiative is aimed at SMEs and large companies, entrepreneurs and innovators, representatives of national and local public entities, trade associations, academia and civil society. The conference will feature talks and conversation panels and the brokerage event will allow participants to access and generate contacts and networks that will help them identify potential businesses or initiatives to support their transition to a Circular Economy.
How to participate
If you wish to participate of the Conference, you must register at 1. Circular Economy Conference.
Additionally, if you wish to participate at the Brokerage Event, you must register and complete your profile at 2. Brokerage Event.
Circular Economy Conference
Welcome Addresses by Chilean and European Authorities
Confirmed speakers (this section will be updated on a daily basis):
- Daniel Calleja, Director-General, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission
- Vicente Caruz, President of Fundación Empresarial Eurochile
- María Luisa Castaño Marín, General Director of Research and Technological Innovation. Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation. Comunidad de Madrid.
- Marcos Pinta Gama, Deputy Ibero-American Secretary
Role of the Circular Economy in the mitigation of climate change
This session will review the challenges posed by climate change and the potential of the Circular Economy to effectively mitigate it. Speakers will discuss challenges and opportunities of transitioning to a CE and role of governments and public policies in this transition.
- Ernesto Hartikainen, Senior Lead, Carbon-neutral Circular Economy, Sitra, Finnish Innovation Fund
- Jocelyn Blériot, Executive Lead - International Institutions, Governments & Cities, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Ladeja Godina, Chair of Coordination Group of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform, Founder & Director of Circular Change
- Verónica de la Cerda, CEO Triciclos
Transition of the business sector to a Circular Economy: role and opportunities
In this session, representatives of the business sector will discuss the implementation of the CE in different sectors of the economy. Companies will present success stories and innovative business models, technologies, value chains, etc. for a CE.
- Filippo Pasquet, Principle Administrator, European Commission, Enterprise Europe Network
- Freek van Eijk, Director Holland Circular Hotspot
- Linnet Solway, Head of Technology Transfer and Circular Economy, Eurochile
- Paloma Mallorquin, Project Officer, Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking
- Cristián Rojas, CEO PTHGA and President of the Chilean Association of Companies and Professionals for the Environment (AEPA)
- Manuel Antonio Ríos, Strategy Manager, AlfaSeta
- Miquel Lozano, President Tesalys
Transitioning to Circular and Sustainable Societies
In this session, speakers will discuss how policy makers and businesses can help shape more circular and sustainable societies.
- Luca Meini, Head of Circular Economy ENEL Holding
- Diego Rubio, Policy Advisor to the Secretary General, SEGIB
- Clemens Rosenmayr, Head of Energy & Environment, Eurochambres
- Iñaki Alonso, Founder of Satt Arquitectura
- Beatriz Luz, Founder of Exchange4Change Brazil
- Gema Díaz Real, President SNIACE S.A.
José Aravena, Executive Director Eurochile
Instance to meet counterparts, develop businesses opportunities and exchange ideas and knowledge, discover new technologies and networking for future collaborations.
In collaboration with
Círculo de Bellas Artes
Calle de Alcalá, 42, 28014 Madrid, Spain